Sunday, January 02, 2011

A New Year


The new year always seems so ripe with possibility, yet I refuse to drag myself into "resolutions" that I will later look back upon with regret for not having lived up to them. I have in previous years created a list of intentions, but this year I will keep those to myself. I have them, they are just not solidified yet.

One of the people in my online scrappers group got me intrigued by a concept called P365. It is simply taking one photo a day and posting it online in the group. I do intend to play along with this, but thought I might also post the photos here, kind of a daily "This Is My Life" in pictures.

Today's picture was taken in PhotoBooth on my Macbook. Connor heads back to base today, and his dog, Twinkie, seems to sense that his boy is leaving again. He's been really needy and pushy. Connor, frustrated, told him to go lay down, and instead, Twinkie climbed up on the couch with me for some cuddles and kisses. Twinkie is half Newfoundland and half Golden Retriever, weighs in at about 120, and looks a bit like a bear. Despite that, he thinks he is a lapdog. I think this shot shows a sweet side of his personality.

Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments: